- This event has passed.
Ground Zero – Cyber Security For Business
June 20, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
A cyber-attack can result in financial losses, business disruption, loss of important data and reputational fallout.
The Optus and Medibank hacking scandals have once again brought the issue of cyber security to the media. Yet many small business owners still think it will never happen to them and take no steps to prevent cyber-attacks.
It is this sort of thinking that makes small businesses one of the easiest targets for hackers, with 47% of cyber-attacks directed towards SMEs.
This workshop will provide an overview of the current cyber security risk context in which we all operate when we access the internet in a business or home office scenario.
It will outline the common issues and attacks, plus some countermeasures to apply to operate safely and securely in a modern network-connected business.
You will also be provided with a sample Internet Access and Usage Policy that can be adapted for your circumstances.
This workshop will cover:
- The threat that cyber-attacks pose to Australian SMEs, and how your business is at risk;
- How cyber criminals launch these attacks to gain access to your information, and their motivations and methods;
- How to spot a potential attack and identify the warning signs;
- The countermeasures that small businesses can apply to safely operate a network-connected business; and
- How to increase cybersecurity awareness in your business and adopt an Internet Access and Usage Policy.
Following this workshop, you will have the confidence and understanding of cyber security to take a pragmatic approach in implementing strong countermeasures to protect and defend your business assets.
Craig Valli has over 35 years’ experience in the computing, information and communication technology industry and consults to industry and government on cyber security and digital forensics matters. Craig is an engaging speaker and is able to work with people with all knowledge levels in improving their cyber security measures and digital capability. He has worked with owners of small to medium-sized businesses to improve their digital protections and knowledge of cyber security.