Check out the new Telco tips for small businesses fact sheet to help you make the most of your telco services.
Telco products and services are more important than ever for businesses.
Here are some tips to help you get the best out of your telco service:
- Find out what services are available at your business address. There may be fewer options in rural and remote areas. NBN Co and mobile providers publish tools that allow you to check what is available.
- Think about how you will use your service to decide what features are important to you. You may want to use business grade services, which offer dedicated business support teams and faster fault repair.
- Plan what you will do in case of faults or outages and consider having backup services. Take reasonable steps to protect your business from loss.
- Talk to your telco provider as soon as possible if you have a problem with your service. If you can’t resolve the issue with your provider, contact the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO).
- If you’re experiencing financial difficulty, contact your telco provider for help. Telcos have made commitments about providing hardship assistance. They also have obligations under the Telecommunications Consumer Protection Code.