The WA Innovator of the Year (IOTY) has showcased innovative and entrepreneurial individuals, businesses and creative minds since 2006.
The program acknowledges and rewards exceptional innovators and entrepreneurs in Western Australia who have developed an outstanding innovative product, technology or service, which is at the emerging innovation or growth phase of development.
This year, the program has seen an increased prize pool of $220,000, to be shared across the available categories, with the overall Innovator of the Year winner to be awarded $100,000.
In addition to the funding available, the IOTY program offers finalists in the Emerging Innovation and Growth categories an array of commercialisation training and development opportunities, including:
- A full day pitch presentation workshop
- A one-on-one mentoring session
- Social media and digital strategy workshop
- A seminar on board models for entrepreneurs
- Advice on protecting your IP rights
- A webinar on equity incentives
- A webinar on grant writing
- Professional photo and video shoot
- A one-hour legal health overview session.
Two finalists will also be awarded a scholarship to attend a program with the Centre of Entrepreneurial Research and Innovation (CERI).
The WA Innovator of the Year 2023 program has six categories. Click on the relevant category below to find out more information, including how to apply.
For further information, email the innovation team at email@example.com.